||Independent Study: On-line Course with Automated Examination System
SPRING 2023 eCOURSE STUDY PLAN
- Access to
Learning Center for next scheduled exam.
- Study Guide with Assignments at the beginning of each Lesson
- Concise text and charts in PDF format to keep you focused on the most important regulatory reading
- Study tools and tips for Valuation, Classification and FTA
- Lesson Quizzes and Exercises -Automated with valuable tips for increasing your test-taking skills and measure your reading progress
- EXAM LAB - Automated Timed Quizzes by regulatory section, with grade tracking added to your profile
- Web Links to all reference materials, government publications, and required web reading.
- Email Updates regarding exam, materials and other important exam tips during access time frame
- Special Exam Tutorial available for eCourse Students
CHB Exam Prep eCourse with Special Exam Tutorial: $1,595.00
Contact us for information and registration availability "Special Exam Tutorial"
Video - Are You Ready? (wmv format) |
Video - Are You Ready? (mp4 iPhone format)
Contact us for a "Guest Pass" to the "Learning Center" |
CHB Renewal |
CBP Exam Notice
The U.S. Customs Licensing Exam is difficult to pass. It requires a comprehensive knowledge of the import process, terminology, complete knowledge of the Customs Regulations and an ability to reference the Harmonized Tariff to classify commodities as outlined in the General Notes. Individuals have 3 minutes, on average, to answer each of 80 questions.
Ro Leaphart's CHB Exam Prep (© 1989-2023) is a highly organized, self-study course, designed to prepare you for the government's comprehensive exam. If you completed our introductory course, The Basics of Importing or have had equivalent import training and have read the Regulations and the General Notes of the Harmonized Tariff, you're ready to study for the government licensing exam (Find out what you know. Take our FREE placement quiz!). Our CHB Exam Prep course promises you an arduous and challenging adventure. Your success will depend upon your initiative, your stamina and your self-confidence.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCE MATERIALS and SUPPLIES must be purchased separately.
SPRING 2023 Class Shopping List: Regs, HTS, 19 USC, and Other Supplies. Note: CBP Broker Management has now posted required materials for April 2023 CBLE which match the Shopping List. As of 1/17/2023, GPO no longer has the 2022 Basic HTS available. Boskage has 2022 versions available. If you have questions regarding reference materials or supplies, please contact us.
The government and legal publications may not be available or may be under revision at the time of order. You can not begin serious study without these professional reference books.
This study course is ONLY recommended for those individuals who have a college level English language reading ability. English language proficiency is essential to your success as a broker and for achieving a passing grade on the exam. It is recommended that students who lack this level of reading ability complete a college level English course before considering this program. Alternatively for Non-Native English-speaking students, we recommend that you obtain the score of 550 on a paper-based TOEFL or 213 on a computer-based TOEFL.